Outsourcing your mobile app development? Avoid these 5 mistakes
In the digital age, mobile apps are an engaging and intuitive way to reach consumers. If your business is choosing to outsource application creation, it is important to choose the right development company. A team of six to 10 people can spend at least six months creating an application, so you want to make sure that you are willing to make this time commitment with the company you select. While you are researching your options and moving through the hiring process, be sure to avoid these five common mistakes.
- Ignoring User Experience: While a development company’s portfolio may look aesthetically impressive, it is important to think more technically. Make sure the apps work well and create a pleasant user experience. Is the layout easy to follow? Does the app load quickly? Can a user customize the interface? Think from a consumer perspective and be critical.
- Lack of Business Knowledge: In addition to implementing the actual application creation, you want a development company to have your business interests in mind. As your app will soon be part of your outreach and marketing plan, it would be useful for its creator to help inform your business decisions.
- Hiring A Website Developer: If you are hiring a mobile application development company, make sure that is actually what they do. A company that specializes in website development may not have the skills to make your ideal custom application.
- Selecting Based On Price: When outsourcing your development, you often get what you pay for. If you hire a company simply because they are inexpensive, the quality of your app could suffer. While it is important to have a budget, make sure to have standards. It will pay off in the long run.
- Not Communicating With The Developer: Once you hire a custom application development company, it may be tempting to tell them what you want and then turn the other way. As a manager or business owner, however, you should be involved in the entire development process. Frequent communication is mutually beneficial. The development team will know they are on track, and you will be able to communicate your expectations.
When outsourcing your app development, be sure to thoroughly review a company’s website and portfolio. The quality of the development team determines the quality of your app.